BYOD DEVICE SPECIFICATIONS
We are regularly asked to make recommendations on devices, unfortunately we are unable to do this. All devices have their pros and cons and you will need to decide which one suits the needs of you and your students.
However, we are able to outline a list of specifications that should be considered when making this decision. We have listed this information below and placed it on our website for future reference.
● A device that has a keyboard.
● A device that is a well known brand.
● Avoid a cheaper processor (has limited working cache memory so cannot do multiple things at once).
● 4GB Ram minimum. We use Google applications which are cloud based, but good memory means the device responds faster with other applications.
● A device that is portable and holds it’s charge (portable battery chargers are an option so that when a device runs out of battery, students can charge them. Then they just need to charge their portable battery each night.
● Preferably a device that is less than two years old.
● A device that has installed a tracking application where possible, in case the device gets lost.
Ministry of Health Wifi Safety information
Students are not to be dropped off at school before 8am, we also have a number who are not collected until quite late in the afternoon.
ASB Mairangi Bay Branch
Account No. 12 3042 0251645 00
Please note that we require a reference on all internet payments.
Examples of a reference would be:
“Jones Fees”, “Jones Y4 Miniball”, “Jones Readathon”