Welcome to the Murrays Bay Primary School Remote Learning Hub
Murrays Bay Primary School has partnered with SnApp Mobile to create an App, which we know you will find useful in keeping up to date with all things relating to our school.
Through the App you will be able to: report an absence, check events, read the newsletters, contact teachers, obtain payment information, check the term dates, check for alerts, push notifications will be sent directly to you on your smart phone.
Go to the App Store on your Apple device or Play Store on your Android device and search Murrays Bay School to download.
Internet Banking is our preferred method of payment.
Our bank account details are:
ASB Constellation Drive Branch
Account No. 12 3042 0251645 00
Please note that we require a reference on all internet payments.
Examples of a reference would be:
“Jones Fees”, “Jones Y4 Miniball”, “Jones Readathon”
2021 Public Holidays
Teacher Only Days 2021
2022 Public Holidays
Teacher Only Days 2022
To Be Confirmed
Students are not to be dropped off at school before 8:00am.
11:20am – 1:10pm Learning block 2
1:10pm – 1:20pm Lunch eating in class (supervised)
1:20pm – 2:00pm Lunch play outside
2:00pm – 3:00pm Block 3
1:20pm – 3:00pm Block 3
BYOD DEVICE SPECIFICATIONS
We are regularly asked to make recommendations on devices, unfortunately we are unable to do this. All devices have their pros and cons and you will need to decide which one suits the needs of you and your child/ren. However, we are able to outline a list of specifications that should be considered when making this decision.
We have listed this information below:
● A device that has a keyboard.
● A device that is a well known brand.
● Avoid a cheaper processor (has limited working cache memory so cannot do multiple things at once).
● 4GB RAM minimum. We use Google applications which are cloud based, but good memory means the device responds faster with other applications.
● A device that is portable and holds its charge (portable battery chargers are an option so that when a device runs out of battery, students can charge them. Then they just need to charge their portable battery each night.
● Preferably a device that is less than two years old.
● A device that has installed a tracking application where possible, in case the device gets lost.
1. Has the school made any enquiries with computer companies to bulk order devices at a cheaper rate than current retail?
Noel Leeming has a deal with schools that they will charge “Cost plus 10%” if you state the school your child attends / will attend. This does not usually apply to Apple products and we recommend that you shop around for the best deal at the time.
2. Can you please advise how the school will ensure that children will not be disadvantaged if parents are unwilling to or unable to purchase a device? Will the school be able to ensure enough devices if a significant number of children across each year are without a device?
The School will provide devices for loan in these situations.
3. I would be interested to know how much time per day the students would spend on their devices?
The teacher will let the student know when it’s okay to use their device. There will be times when it is not appropriate, or when it is not needed for that particular piece of learning.
The teacher has the final say over the use of student devices in the classroom.
It is very IMPORTANT that parents record the serial number of all devices they allow to be used at school. If the device is stolen at school the serial number is vital to establish a police incident report to establish parents insurance claim.
It is also important to note that your personal insurance would cover any damage or loss of a device – not the school’s insurance. While we go to every endeavour to locate any device that goes missing or investigate damage, it is the child’s responsibility to take care of their device.